Here’s just how bad it was:
• The Nets had as many fouls (22) as they had made shots (22).
• They twice as many turnovers (18) as they had assists (9).
• They shot 22.5 percent in the first quarter and scored 11 points.
• They never led and trailed by as many as 39 points.
The Nets PR staff was generous to the media in giving out these two tidbits:
• The Nets loss by 36. Their largest margin of defeat last season was 32 points on Jan. 28 at Indiana.
• The Nets scored 30 points in the first half. Their season-low for points in the first half of any game all of last season was 31 at Atlanta on March 26. And get this:
• Two seasons ago, the Nets started 0-18 and became just the fifth team in NBA history to lose 70 or more games. None of them were this bad.
Mike Mazzeo, ESPN New York -- Nets embarrassed in their home opener
... MORE →