- Well, today is the day we have all been waiting for… at least one of the days. Tonight, Jay-Z will open up the Barclays Center with one of eight concerts that will take place over the next two weeks. Tickets are sold out officially, but you can still get into the show thanks to the likes (and surcharges) of StubHub. I saw Jay-Z last year on the Watch the Throne tour and anyone who is even a remote fan of the guy — and lives near the arena, of course — should definitely get a seat. The Nets jerseys may also be unveiled tonight, as if we haven’t already seen them.
- Marc Stein released the first round of the NBA player rankings and he has ranked the Nets at #12, 5th in the Eastern Conference and 3rd in the Atlantic Division. Of the Nets, he writes:
OK, OK: They didn’t get Dwight. But the Nets did just enough, by trading for Joe Johnson and signing a slew of others, to convince D-Will to stay, ship a watchable team to their gleaming new Brooklyn palace and give themselves a shot at finishing higher than the Knicks. It’s a start.
- Anyone thinking this Nets team has no personality obviously forgot about Reggie Evans. Here is a rookie hazing moment captured by the dominating rebounder pranking former Jayhawk Tyshawn Taylor.
- “Knicks? Yes, I’ve heard of this second team in New York.” – Mikhail Prokhorov on his Good Day New York appearance this morning. I love this dude. Prokhorov also donated $1M to the Brooklyn Academy of Music Thursday.
- NetsDaily breaks that the Nets will be featured on the Sports Illustrated cover on the NBA preview in October.